Credit: Natick Community Organic Farm
The Natick Community Organic Farm is an award-winning nonprofit, certified organic farm. The farm provides productive open space, farm products and hands-on education for all ages. There are no admission fees for visits.
There are many ways for visitors to enjoy the natural beauty and experiences at the farm:
- Outdoor, play-based programs for pre-school aged kids.
- Morning, afternoon, home school, after school, vacation break, and summer programs.
- 4-H programs for kids aged 8 – 18 who love animals. Members will feed animals, participate in community service activities, and care for baby animals in the spring.
- Scout programs for boys and girls of all ages will work alongside farmers and educators to learn about sustainable agriculture and animal husbandry, local eating, environmental stewardship, and more. Some of the engaging activities include maple sugaring, sheep shearing, beekeeping and gardening, among many others.
- Work and apprenticeship opportunities for teens to work with the farmers and learn all aspects of farm life.
The hours listed below are a general guide. The farm is open year round, rain or shine, from sun up to sun down.
Scholarships for programs may be available. Requests are honored based on need and available funding. Scholarship recipients have opportunities to pay it forward by volunteering at one of the farm’s programs.