Photo Credit: Town of Natick
The South Natick Dam Park was established in 1933 on the site of a former grist mill that had served South Natick since colonial times. The millstones embedded in the paved area come from that mill.
The park is adjacent to the Charles River’s dam, and is a popular spot for visitors. The island in the middle of the river is named for Horace Holyoke, one of the characters from Harriet Beecher Stowe’s “Old Town Folks;” the character is based on her husband, South Natick native Calvin Stowe.
Access is open from dawn until dusk. Dogs must be leashed. No alcohol, firearms or golfing is allowed.