Credit: Bay State Skating
The Bay State Skating School offers instruction for skaters at all levels. With more than 50 years experience, Bay State’s dedicated and caring professional instructors guide recreational, figure and hockey skaters. Emphasis is on quality instruction, safety, building confidence and having fun while learning to skate.
- Skating classes consist of a 25 minute lesson and a 25 minute supervised practice.
- Girls and boys aged 4 – 18 are grouped according to age and ability.
Bay State staff is comprised of approximately 100 instructors, many of whom have taught at the school for decades. Some are current or former figure skating competitors, have played college hockey, or have coached teams. The instructors are professionals and are dedicated and caring. Their goal is to teach technical skills, make skating enjoyable, and help students build confidence. Many of the Bay State instructors belong to Professional Skating Association, Ice Skating Institute, United Figure Skating Association, or USA Hockey.
- Brookline Larz Anderson – 25 Newton St., Brookline
- Brookline Cleveland Circle Reilly Rink – 355 Chestnut Hill, Brighton
- Cambridge Simoni Rink – 155 Gore St., Cambridge
- Medford Laconte Rink – 97 Locust St., Medford
- Newton/Brighton Daly Memorial Rink – 172 Nonantum Rd, Newton
- Quincy Shea Memorial Rink – 651 Willard St., Quincy
- Somerville Veterans Memorial Rink – 570 Somerville Ave., Somerville
- Waltham Veterans Memorial Rink – 295 Totten Pond Road, Waltham
- West Roxbury Jim Roche Community Arena – 1275 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury
- Weymouth Connell Memorial Rink – 220 Broad St., Weymouth
Registration is available online via Bay State’s website.