Notifications
Clear all

Book recommendations for adults?

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@AmericaBeautiful)
Topic starter

Hi everyone - I just finished Rosie Project. A great easy read, light, good humor. It had been at least a year since I allowed myself the time to enjoy a good book and it felt great! I then tried a couple others, but returned them, just not the right fit for me.

Has anyone else read Rosie Project and have recommendations for books that have a similar style?

This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by motherlylife

Posted : 11/14/2020 9:41 am
GinaGina reacted
(@nonono)

A Man Called Ove and Where'd You Go Bernadette?

These are great reads. Admittedly, it took me a bit to get past the first few pages of Ove and I nearly put it down for good. I'm glad I stuck with it, it was entertaining. Not the most well-written, but it was an easy simple entertaining read.

This post was modified 1 year ago by motherlylife

Posted : 11/16/2020 1:25 pm
(@ginagina)

I'm reading Pachinko right now. Wonderfully written, the story line moves at a nice pace and the characters and setting are interesting. Love, loss, family, drama... Not the feel good easy read you might be looking for, but (aside from the ridiculously small typeface) I'm really enjoying the story so thought I'd throw it out there for you.

Incidentally, I read Rosie Project a few months ago. Agree, it's a great book!

This post was modified 1 year ago by motherlylife

Posted : 12/02/2020 12:07 pm
(@Anonymous)
Eminent Member

I read Pachinko recently. The writing style & character development is great. However, for me, there was too much sadness throughout to truly enjoy it. I agree, it's not the "feel good easy read" as you say.

Posted : 12/19/2020 7:10 am
(@Guest)
Eminent Member

Hilarious read. Loved Rosie Project!

Posted : 12/03/2022 9:57 am

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: