Notifications
Clear all

14 mo old Hitting & Screaming

2 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@chickfila)
Topic starter  

14 month old has been hitting and screaming too much. he does it to us, his brothers and I've seen him hit and get way too close and scream at friends. His older brothers can handle it and usually put him in his place quickly. I don't tolerate it either. I use time out, explanation, walk away, etc. These work, I stay calm, he stops. Don't get me wrong, he cries and it's annoying, but it's not the same high anger hitting and screaming. Anyway, that seems to work but it's not effective enough for some reason. He has screamed at other grown ups (a counselor at the gym club, soccer coach) and at friends. It's so frustrating, slightly horrifying. We didn't have this with our older boys. Or at least it didn't last so long if it is a phase.

Any tips, advice?

Kelly

(@parkwanderer)

Sounds like a tough phase to me. I used to cringe and get so upset when I saw my kids yell at their friends. I could never quite figure out why it didn't seem to bother other parents. Then I finally realized their kids were yelling and pinching and throwing fits too. I didn't notice it as much. I notice when my kids act annoying. It passed. We got through it.

I know that's not a solution. But, I hope you feel it's a virtual shoulder.  Stick with it, talk to him, help him find more positive reactions to being upset. 🙂  

Best,

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@luvmykids)

Wow, so sorry you have to deal with this. If it's any consolation, I think all parents have to deal with this phase with their kids at some point. Maybe it lasts longer with some kids or it doesn't bother certain people as much. I mean, your son will get through it. Because it sounds like you're a sweet mom who is patient enough to teach your youngest. So my tip is keep at it. Trust yourself.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: