Notifications
Clear all

Relocate family for kids sports?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mmaxwell)
Topic starter  

Hi! Would you entertain the idea of relocating your family for sports? Our son is a great athlete. It's hard, however, to fully understand if he's great for our area and region or if he could be truly great with the right coach removed link He has been offered a position on an excellent team in a different state. Is it worth it to try, even if just for the adventure? Has anyone else done this?

To add some perspective, we would need to sell the house and rent until we know the local market. We have 1 younger child and while they're both good students, the local school district here feels very average. I don't think we're giving up an amazing school.

I purposely left out the sport (hope you all don't mind) because I'm more curious about the idea of moving specifically for this reason rather than the support for/against this sport.

Thanks!!

Maddie

(@featureday)

Seems to me it's not much different than uprooting the family to enroll in better schools. Or parents who send their kids to boarding school. In the end, we're all trying to do what's best for our kids. Whether it's a new adventure or in pursuit of greatness in sports. Good luck!

CP

ReplyQuote
(@zip95405)

I love exploring a new area and don't mind moving for the simple reason to expose our kids to new experiences and adventure. It builds resiliency. That said, for this, I wouldn't do it unless our kids showed real actual potential AND interest. Otherwise, the local sports activities are good enough where we are.

ReplyQuote
(@ehaky)

I'd only do it if we could financially afford it for everyone to stay together. I've read stories of one parent moving with one child to pursue sports dreams. For us that wouldn't work.

If we could afford it and my kids had the potential. I would do it. In fact, it sounds like a dream!

This post was modified 1 year ago by Addy Cerba

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 17121)

Can't imagine

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: