Notifications
Clear all

ISO Legal advice for apartment issues

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Hi parents. We're having issues with our apartment (South End). It's a basement level and aside from the aggravations of neighbor noises and other issues that are sort of out of anyone's control, the apartment has water leaking in from somewhere. The landlord doesn't think it's significant enough because he doesn't really think the carpets or the walls are wet and doesn't see any indication of mold. Maybe I'm overly sensitive but this is our home - now our temporary home - and I believe some work needs to be done to find the problem. The floor is carpet and I've had to have it professionally cleaned twice at the cost of $400 each since moving in. The landlord argues the smell is from our dog, that sometiems the apartments get humid and damp feeling but there's no odor. I think it's water leaking in but can't find a source. It's damp, not soaked but it feels like more than humidity. Anyone else have this kind of experience. Maybe I just need a second or third opinion on whether or not basement level apartments often have this kind of issue in this area. I can't prove there's mold but that's only part of my concern. I would love to hear your opinions on what else I could or should do. Thanks so much.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous

(@Emenem)

Scafidi Juliano. in Wellesley. Our issue was more straight forward, in other words there was no arguing whether or not there was a problem in the apartment. it sounds like you may need to prove in some way that there is actually a leak and that it's causing damage but I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. I hope they can help. Good luck!!

ReplyQuote
(@guest)
Eminent Member

Call the housing office at the Greater Boston Legal Services.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: